On this episode, Faraz Khan and Gregory Landsman discuss top anti-aging foods for skin plus DIY skin treatments.
Gregory Landsman is one of the most noted global beauty and wellness experts in the world, a best selling author of nine books, and a TV host who specializes in using food to take years off the face naturally.
Often referred to as ‘The Beauty Advisor’, Gregory’s books and global TV program Face Lifting Food show viewers how to create quick skin-boosting meals and powerful skin treatments using everyday foods to achieve younger, healthier looking skin at any age.
Gregory is a strong voice for inclusion. His first book, The Balance of Beauty Explodes the Body Myth captured his journey of extremes; from Apartheid South Africa to working at the height of the fashion industry, and his fundamental discovery that regardless of what we do, how we look cannot be separated from how we feel.
Here are some of the highlights with Gregory.
Reduce environmental stress and mental stress for beauty
- Prefers the holistic approach
- Purge the body from external stressors
- Focuses on helping reduce mental stress and cortisol
- Then you can focus on the top anti-aging foods for skin
Gregory’s Top Anti-Aging Foods For Skin
- Reduces stress levels with foods
- Increase collagen producing foods like vitamin C: brussel sprouts, broccoli, tomato, bell peppers
- Cook tomatoes to access lycopenes
- Vitamin E reduces damage to skin cells: spinach, alonds, sunflower oil, mangoes
- Vitamin B: essential to reduce stress: eggs, turkey, whole wheat bread
- Make small changes to diet on a regular basis
- Glutathione: asparagus and avocadoes support glutathione
- Hyaluronic acid reduces with age. Beans can help increase hyaluronic acid
- Omega-3 fatty acids are great for moisturizing skin from the inside out
- Garlic and onion are great. Crush garlic for 5 minutes before consuming it to unlock allicin which is an antioxidant
What To Do About Dry Skin
- Make sure to drink enough water
- Hot showers strip skin of oil, so avoid hot showers
- If you apply body lotion, apply it to damp skin to seal the moisture
- Bone broth is a great source of collagen and gelatin, which helps increase collagen and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
What about DIY Anti-Aging Treatments In Your Kitchen
- Potato juice provides the enzyme catalse which is a skin brightener
- Lemon juice provides alpha hydroxy acids
- Yoghurt mask with cucumber removes dead cells, feeds skin and provides minerals
- Grapeseed oil strengthens tissue elasticity: add it to your normal moisturizer
- Carrot oil to moisturizer provides additional nourishment
- The skin of Avocado can feed your skin with fatty acids
Other Tips to Improve Skin Quality
- Massage while you apply the creams improves circulation and helps tone muscles
- Use the muscles in your face to prevent sagging muscles
- Gregory’s books Face Fitness shows you how to massage the face
- Deep breathing is very important to get into rest and digest – which helps you absorb nutrients more effectively
- Deep breath also allows more oxygen and nutrients to get to the skin
- Gregory’s book Stop Stress Fast helps you to utilize breath to destress and age less
- Use organic zinc sunscreens daily
- Reduce sugar and carbohydrates in your food
- Sleep is extremely important for beautiful skin: skin makes collagen while you sleep
- Growth hormone released during sleep also heals the skin
Where to find Gregory Landsman?
Free ebook – the secret to younger looking skin?
Also check out my interview with Dr. William Li on how to eat to beat disease.