On this episode, I interviewed Dr. Alan Bauman on how he is using a facelift technique to help improve the quality of your hair.
Here are the topics we discover:
1. How PDO threads could have a positive benefit for hair (apart from being used in facelifts)
2. How is the procedure done and what results is Dr. Bauman seeing?
3. As a bonus, what is the secret to Dr. Bauman’s own hair?
1:02 – Success And Experience With New PDO Techniques?
– It takes PRP to the next level
– PDO threads were used for skin
– It stimulates hair growth and quality
– Very Quick visual responses in 90 days
– PDO stands for Polydioxanone
5:47 What threads are doing?
– There is no movement of the skin (No tightening effect)
6:14 What is the effect of PDO threads?
– Weak hair follicle regenerates, so they grow thicker, darker, longer, and stronger hair. PDO process can not make a new follicle to appear if it is dead
6:51 – Combining PDO Growth with PRP?
– PDO Process is a lot more reliable in terms of the impact that is having on the hair follicle.
– PDO turns weaker in stronger hair follicles.
– PDO Growth = PRP + PDO Process
7:48 – Is there a hair loss type where PDO seems more effective?
– PDO is also effective on hair follicle miniaturization.
– It would work very well on traction alopecia cases.
8:22 Response rate to PDO growth?
– Amazing outstanding responses.
9:12 How long do results last from PDO growth procedure?
– Polydioxanone is supposed to last in the skin about 6-12 months.
– Measuring every 90 days how the patient is responding.
10:01 How long does the procedure take?
– PDO takes 90 minutes.
10:12 How much does it hurt?
– You’re not going to feel it because they use a local anesthetic.
– 100% Painless placement of the PDO
10:47 Which clients are not good candidates for PDO procedure?
– It depends on your expectations, some areas will respond great, some will not.
12:02 This is the lunchtime procedure. Can patients go back to work after the procedure?
– Your scalp is going to be cleaned.
– Nothing is going to be visible.
– After PRP and PDO, the scalp is going to look a little bit pink.
– There are no restrictions in terms of activity.
– Don’t use a hairdryer, and don’t wash your head with hot water.
13:00 How safe is this procedure? Are there any side effects?
– It is 100% safe.
– Polydioxanone has been used in millions of surgical procedures in the last 40 years.
– If you react badly, it is possible to take threads out.
13:55 How to find your PDO provider?
– Look for the PDO growth trademark.
– If you want to learn how to do PDO, go to https://baumanprpclass.com/pdogro-class
15:03 What are you doing for your hair?
– Dr. Bauman was paranoid about his hair when he was growing up
– He regularly uses laser light therapy, topical medications and nutritional supplementation
16:06 How do you do consults with people?
– All consults are done personally
– Patients are going to have an hour to an hour and a half in the office
– Medical history
– Assesses medical risk factors – Measurements are done every time a patient comes to the office
16:52 Do you do virtual consults with people?
– Remote or video consults are available via Skype, Zoom, Facetime…
– There is a limit to what they can do online.
17:51 Where people can find you online?
– instagram at @dralanbauman, twitter at @dralanbauman
– There is a lot of information on that website
– Before and after photos are available
– More than 9000 procedures since 1997!
– One of the first hair surgeons on YouTube
Download my latest FREE guide on the four most effective techniques to stop hair loss.