Did you know that as you age, your body starts to accumulate senescent or zombie cells.
These cells secrete inflammatory cytokines that damage the cells around them. Cellular senescence is one of the hallmarks of aging.
Learn what cellular senescence is, and how you can safely address it in your body.
Dr. Nick Bitz is a Naturopathic Physician that specializes in Ayurvedic medicine. He is a leading voice in the natural products industry and currently serves as Senior VP of Product Development at Neurohacker Collective.
His areas of expertise include nootropics, anti-aging medicine, biohacking, herbology, nutrition and dietary supplements.
As we get started, you can get 15% off your purchase of Qualia Senolytic and other qualia supplements.
I’ve been using the Qualia mind and I love the levels of focus and attention I can get with it. Get 15% when you use the code ANTIAGINGHACKS
[Sponsor Message: Get to know how much blood sugar your body produces in response to the food you eat, so that you can start living a healthier lifestyle. Get the nutrisense continuous blood glucose monitor today and get free dietitian support]
Dr Nick’s Background In Health & Wellness
- Was going to get conventional medicine, but decided to integrative and naturopathic medicine
- Got into Ayurveda
- Been working in the health and wellness space
- Has formulated a lot of health and wellness products
- Now works with Neurohacker collective for at the last 2 years
What Is Cellular Senescence As A Hallmark Of Aging?
- Our cells naturally grow old and stop dividing in the body
- When cells stop dividing, the body clears out the cells
- But cells can become problematic when the body is not able to clear them out
- They start to secrete harmful inflammatory cytokines which damage other cells
Do Senescent Cells Harm Surrounding Tissues Or Also Tissues Far Away?
- They can harm other cells close to them
- But they also harm cells far away because the inflammatory cytokines can travel in the bloodstream
How Do Senescent Cells Survive Despite Your Body Trying To Get Rid Of Them?
- These cells use pro-survival proteins to shield the cell from self-destruction
- It’s called a SCAP network
- The ability to remove senescent cells may depend on finding ways to disrupt these pro-survival SCAP networks
Can We Target SCAP Networks To Disrupt Senescent Cells?
- There are multiple SCAP networks that researchers have identified
- At this moment, it’s important to go after all the SCAP networks for best results
- Scientists are using intermittent dosing – big dosing for a short time to target these cells
- The intermittent approach is best for safety and efficacy
Why Use A Natural Approach For Senolytics?
- There are many natural compounds
- Quercetin can be very effective as a senolytic
- Fisetin is the hottest senolytic right now
- Higher doses are important
- Curcumin can reduce inflammation
Is A Systemic Or A Local Approach Better For Senescent Cells?
- Dr Nick prefers a systemic approach
- Even one senescent cell can be problematic for a tissue
At What Age Should People Start Using Senolytics?
- The older you are, the more senescent cells you have
- Dr. Nick recommends anyone over 40 take senolytics
- Do it once per month, or every quarter or season may be fine too
What Lifestyle Factors Can Help Cellular Senescence?
- Exercise can help reduce senescent cell burden
- Fasting Mimicking Diet can prime senescent cells from elimination
- Immune support can be quite beneficial
- Balancing blood sugar levels helps balance
Where Can People Get The Neurohacker Senolytic and Other Products?
- You can get Qualia Senolytic here
- Get other Neurohacker products here
- Get 15% off your order when you use the code ANTIAGINGHACKS