Faraz Khan brings on Chris Mirabile to discuss his longevity company NOVOS, and their mission to help people measure and reverse their biological aging.
02:40 Chris’ Background
- Got a seizure and a brain tumor at the age of 16
- His life changed as a result of the tumor
- But he healed completely
- Went to NYU Stern
- Started his entrepreneural journey soon after
06:55 How Chris Started NOVOS
- Started company in 2019 and launched first product in 2021
- Was inspired by the 9 Hallmarks of Aging scientific paper
- Went to longevity conferences and researched longevity pathways
- Onboarded advisors from Harvard, MIT and Salk Institute
14:35 How They Came Up With The Supplement Formulation
- Many scientists gave him positive validation
- They had various filters to validate ingredients
- Presented scientists with ingredients and onboarded a longevity researcher as a co-founder
- Have done multiple studies: in vitro testing, reduced DNA oxidative damage by 50%.
- Did a study on senescent cells and it reduced the number of senolytics cells.
- The company are doing additional studies
22:00 How To Take The Daily Supplement
- Take it with a meal
- Does not impact sugar levels
- You could do half at lunch and dinner
26:10 NOVOS Boost Product
- Nicotinamide Mononucleotide
- Spherical NMN molecule is more stable
26:55 What Are The Different Aging Clocks?
- Not all clocks are the same
- NOVOS offers a multiple aging clocks in their test
- Epigenetic clocks are the most accurate
- Now they are up to third generation clocks…these measure the speed/pace of aging
- The pace of aging can change often
35:35 How Should People Start Testing Biological Clocks?
- The pace of aging Denedin pace clock.
- The second test NOVOS offers is the biological age
- The third test they offer is the telomere length test
40:30 What Chris’ Longevity Protocol Looks Like
- Chris started a new blog called SlowMyAge.com
- Does time restricted feeding
- Does the NOVOS longevity diet
- Walks 2.5-3 miles twice a day, runs, rides his bike
- Does a 24 hour fast every often
45:20 Where To Get Novos Supplements?
- Go to NovosLabs.com