Did you know that you could have a unique stress type?
After 20 years of helping patients, Dr Doni Wilson just wrote a new book in which she has identified 5 different types of stress and she’s come up with a unique protocol for dealing with these types of stress.
So if you want to master your stress and reset your health, then make sure to check out this interview.
DR. DONI WILSON, is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, certified nutrition specialist, and author of Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health.
For more than 22 years, she has helped thousands of patients overcome health challenges and achieve wellness by using specific strategies that address the whole body and ultimately resolve the underlying causes of distress.
Dr. Doni suffered from migraines for over 20 years, and in the process of solving them, she developed her Stress Recovery Protocol.
How Did Dr. Doni Get Into Stress?
- She worked with women in labor, and learned that women needed an optimal amount of stress to deliver baby
- She found that patients needed optimal cortisol and adrenaline for stress
Harmful Effects Of Stress?
- Sometimes cortisol or adrenaline can stay too high or go too low
- Four major systems are affected
- Digestion: we don’t digest food well, food can cause inflammation and gut bacteria can become inbalanced
- Immune System: can get more susceptible to viruses and pathogens
- Neurotransmitters: Serotonin, GABA, dopamine imbalances
- Hormones: Insulin and blood sugar imbalances, thyroid imbalances and sex hormone imbalances
Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis
- HPA Axis Hypothalamic Pituitary and Adrenal axis turns on the stress
- There is an inhibitory feedback loop with cortisol in the brain
- But sometimes the brain gets resistant to cortisol if it’s high all the time, leading to chronic stress
- We can get stuck in stress mode
How Does Cortisol And Adrenaline Work
- Cortisol increases in morning and reduces all day, lowest at night
- Adrenaline stays constant the whole day
Stress And Genetics
- MTHFR, COMT, MAO gene variations
- These genes can affect metabolism related to stress
- COMT can metabolize adrenaline
- You can find your genetic variations with Ancestry.com or 23andme.com
- It’s also important to corelate genetics and how they influence the person (though blood tests for example)
What Are The 5 Stress Types
- Stress Magnet: high cortisol and high adrenaline
- Night Owl: High cortisol and adrenaline at night
- Sluggish and Stressed: High cortisol and low adrenaline
- Blah and Blue: Low cortisol and low adrenaline
- Tired and Wired: High adrenaline and low cortisol
- Genetic tests with ancestry or 23andme
- Urine tests for measuring neurotransmitters and hormones
- Blood tests for cortisol and adrenaline, including B-vitamins
- Sometimes thyroid tests may be needed
- Food sensitivity panel with IgA and IgG for gut health
C.A.R.E Method Of Stress Recovery
- C for clean eating
- A for adequate sleep
- R for sleep and rest
- E for exercise
How To Find Dr. Doni Wilson
- 90% of patients are by phone and zoom
- You can find her blog, podcast called How Humans Heal, and her Self C.A.R.E. program at DoctorDoni.com.
- Dr Doni’s instagram handle: @drdoniwilson