Reed Davis is a Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and Certified Nutritional Therapist.
He is an expert in functional lab testing and holistic lifestyle medicine. He is the Founder of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) and the FDN Certification Course with over 4,000 graduates in 50 countries.
He was the Health Director at a Wellness Center in Southern California for over 10 years and with over 10,000 clients is known as one of the most experienced clinician in his field.
02:20 How Reed Got Into Health and Wellness
- Started working at a health and wellness center
- Saw thousands of labs in 10 years
- Discovered patterns in health
- HIDDEN: Hormone immune digestion detoxification energy nervous system
- DRESS: Diet Rest Exercise Stress Supplementation
10:55 Is there a single root cause behind disease or are there multiple?
- There usually is not one
- This is metabolic chaos and needs to be sorted holistically
12:20 How does Reed see individuals?
- Sees individuals and asks questions
- Runs 5 labs on each person
- Saliva test, hormones, gut, immune system
- Reed understands the cluster of symptoms and gets to the root cause
- Reed also has a health coaching on getting the results from home
27:50 Why are different reasons for hypothyroid symptoms?
- Stress can be a big factor
- Reed sees that there are less autoimmune related thyroid cases than people believe
33:10 Why are autoimmune cases going up?
- Stress usually starts the autoimmune conditions
- Even if the stress is long gone
- Daily stressors can take a toll on you
- This can cause gut dysbiosis
36:50 How prevalent is food sensitivity tests?
- Food sensitivities are quite common
- Elimination diets are better than food sensitivities tests