CJ FInley is an athlete, a soon to be father, and is on a mission to help people, brands, and businesses THRIVE on life, love, health, and everything in between.
I have the pleasure of being in a mastermind with CJ, so I wanted to bring him on to discuss his mission, passion and purpose and glean some life tips for myself and the audience.
1:40 CJ’s Background
- Early childhood in NJ and New York
- Moved to Texas to pursue his now wife
- Had a fullride in academics
- Got a job but realized it was not for him
10:00 Forgiving Your Parents For Their Decisions
- How our parents made the best decisions for us in their time
- CJ’s worked hard to forgive his parents and others for their decisions
13:35 Why CJ Started His Podcast & Why He Wants To Help Others?
- He realized that very few people were loving their jobs
- CJ realized that he wanted to do what he loved and wants others to do the same
- His perspective changed when his wife’s dad died
- CJ had celiac disease and that gave him a new perspective
- This led him to find a podcast
21:35 How CJ Managed Celiac Disease?
- In the beginning, doctors prescribed probiotics
- CJ obsessed over needing to go to the bathroom constantly
- Used alcohol and weed to numb himself
- Decided that he was going to do something about this “problem”
- Questioned whether he wanted to even live
- Finally got diagnosed with celiac deisease in mid-20’s
- Eats a balanced diet
32:50 How CJ Keeps The Passion Alive In His Relationship?
- Their shared interests help them stay bonded
- Workouts, reading, podcasts are some of the common interests
45:00 Running Competitive Races, Workout & Recovery Protocols
- CJ loves the gym and staying healthy
- Bonding with friends in a sauna after the gym or in competitive races is important for him
- His motto is consistency and compound interest
- He prefers to do fitness and push himself long term
- Uses sauna and ice-baths for recovery