Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy new year.
As we bid farewell to 2021, I want to wish you all the love, joy, healing and happiness for 2022 and beyond. I hope you get time to relax, recharge and connect with loved ones over the holidays.
I wanted to share 3 magical tips to help you look and feel younger in 2022.
Tip 1: Start Thinking You Younger Than Your Age
- Multiple studies have confirmed that your subjective perception of age has an objective effect on your body
- One study done in South Korea found feeling younger than your age slowed down brain aging
- They compared surveys of people and their MRI brain scans to validate that the subjects that felt younger had more grey matter in their brain
- Another study done of 5,000 people in Germany found that feeling younger protects your body from stress through a variety of factors
- One of the key pathways may be turning down system inflammation in the body, which causes faster aging
- Another study showed that people who think they are 8-13 years older had a 18-25% more risk of death over the study periods.
- There are many more studies we could reference, but you get the gist
- Tip: start feeling younger than your age and reap the rewards physically.
Tip 2: Manage Your Stress Better, Seriously
- Stress often causes a negative feedback loop between your thoughts (brain) and adrenal glands
- Prolonged stress linked to major illnesses like cancer, lung disease, fatal accidents, suicide and liver disease.
- It can physically damage your heart muscle
- Stress reduces length of your telomeres, which may stop cell division and cause you to get older quicker
- Take time to meditate, breathe, take walks in nature, listen to music – whatever it takes to start feeling happy.
Tip 3: Become Mindful Of Your Thoughts and Feelings And Change Your State
- Start to notice the way you feel on a moment to moment basis
- Learn to get your brain and heart in sync
- HeartMath device is a nifty device for you to do that. Check out my podcast with the CEO of HeartMath.
- Different patterns of heart activity can have different electrical signature
- When the heart sends a coherent signal to the brain, it improves cognitive function, positive feelings and emotional stability.
- Once you become mindful of your negative throughts, you can start to lower the volume and focus on positive feelings.
This year, we are going to see breakthroughs in age reversal which will allow you to slow down your aging and look & feel younger.
So take some time to relax and may 2022 be the best year of your life!