Would you like to learn how to balance the symptoms of menopause, reduce hot flashes, not gain extra weight, improve your sex hormones and maybe even delay menopause?
My guest on this show is a triple board certified OBGYN who leads with holistic approaches to health and she answers a lot of questions about menopause on this special segment, so stay tuned.
Dr. Anna Cabeca, DO, OBGYN, FACOG, is triple-board certified and a fellow of gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine, anti-aging and regenerative medicine. She has special certifications in functional medicine, sexual health, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
For the past 20 years, she’s served 10,000+ women in her private practice— and millions more through her multiple books, online videos and articles.
How Dr Anna Got Into Medicine
- Trained as OBGYN and went to osteopathic medical school
- Grew up in her family as food as medicine
- Realized women’s hormonal health had little research
- Had a private clinic in southeast Georgia
Dr Anna Went Through Menopause Twice
- At age 39, she was diagnosed with early menopause and infertility
- She reversed early menopause and became pregnant naturally at 41
When Do Women’s Hormones Start Changing For Women
- DHEA levels start to decline in mid to late 20’s
- Progesterone levels decline mid to late 30’s
How Did Dr. Anna’s Travels Inspire Changes In Her Practice?
- Brought cultural inspirations into her practice
- Community is a key concept she incorporates
Why Do Women Gain Weight In Mid-Life?
- Reproductive hormones decline in mid life
- Cortisol and insulin are increasing which are catabolic hormones
- Physiology works against us
- Dr Anna lost weight by following the keto-green way
Are Symptoms The Same For Women In All Cultures
- Women in US have more symptoms than in other countries
- High carb eating
- Indoor lifestyle
- Endocrine disruptors
What’s The Keto Green Way?
- Get our body in ketosis amd minimize carbs
- Get dark green veggies that are medicinal, alkalinize
- Cortisol acidifies our body
- Optimize oxytocin
- Hydrate between meals
- Continue to move to build muscle
- Think well, eat well, move well, sleep well to be well
Can Women Push Back Age Of Menopause?
- Yes, it’s totally possible
- Dr Anna reversed menopause through the keto green way
- Maintaining healthy ovarian function is important
What Is The Connection Between Inflammation and Menopause?
- Decline in progesterone, pregnelonone, DHEA, testosterone and estrogen
- Insulin resistance increases and cortisol increases as well
- This can cause chronic inflammation in the body
How Does Dr. Anna Consider Hormone Replacement?
- Estrogen is not the bad guy as was thought
- Dr Anna starts women on keto-green
- She also has women do the detox with mighty maca plus which increases dhea and progesterone
- Maybe support thyroid, add multivitamins or minerals
- Dr Anna created a progesterone and pregnelolone cream – balance cream
- Julva cream with DHEA
- Maybe add testosterone and estrogen depending on results
- Its best to avoid oral estrogen and synthetic progestins and only do bioidentical
- Avoid synthetic hormones and consider bio-identical hormones
- Julva cream for vulva – reverses atrophy
- Avoid oral estrogen and testosterone