DR. RAND McCLAIN earned his medical degree at Western University and completed his internship at the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine Residency Program. He has worked with some of the best and original innovators in Sports, Rejuvenative, Regenerative (Anti-Aging), Cosmetic, and Family Medicine.
As the founder of RSM, Dr. Rand works with elite athletes, celebrities, CEOs, and anyone else who wants to make the most of what is available to optimize their health. He is a Medical Advisor to Vytalyx, a member of the Medical Advisory Board for American CryoStem, leaders in stem cell technology.
Also on Medical Advisory Board of Z.E.N. Foods, the Chief Medical Officer for LCR Health supplements, and serves on the Board of Advisors for Maximus, a men’s testosterone telemedicine company.
02:40 Dr Rand’s Medical Background
- His mother was a nutritionist, got into sports early
- Lot of injuries and spine surgeries
- He’s in the sports and regenerative medicine field for a while
5:14 Why He Wrote The Book Cheating Death
- Wanted to get the word out
- Took about 2 years to write the book
- Wants to educate the layperson and the doctors too
08:50 How Will We Counter Aging?
- This process is multi-factorial, you have to go after many pathways
- Some people may be more susceptible to certain diseases
11:05 What Are Some Biological Markers That Dr McClain Likes To Track?
- Created an app called the Death Clock
- Estimate biological age…using Dr Horvath’s test
- Multi-variate regression analysis
- Other markers also pre-dispose you to a longer life such as place of birth, education etc.
14:40 How Can You Get A Full Diagnostic For Your Body Right Now?
- Your age is the risk factor for every disease
- At the age of 50, you should get very serious about testing
- Get the screenings for heart disease, prostate cancer
- New tests are coming out that will make it much easier to catch cancer early
24:35 Why Is Circulation Important & How Can We Improve It?
- It’s important to get nitric oxide in your body
- Can take nitric oxide precursors such as arginine and citrulline
- Listerine and hydrogen peroxide can kill bacteria which converts food to nitric oxide
29:33 Dr Rand’s Experience With Diabetes and Blood Sugar Stabilizers
- Berberine and metformin work similarly
- Exercise can also reduce blood sugar
- Dr Nir Barzalai – working on helping make Metformin an anti-aging drug
36:10 Bio-identical Hormones & How Dr Rand Approaches Them
- It’s important to review symptoms along with the bloodwork
- Hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness
- With men, avoid conversion from DHEA to estrogen
- Have to be careful with DHT hormone with prostate enlargement
47:30 Where To Find Dr McClain
- His website is psrmed.com
- Dr Rand’s Book. Cheating Death: The New Science Of Living Longer & Better