Dr. Robert Whitfield is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 26 years of experience. He specializes in breast implant removal surgery, breast implant illness and advanced cosmetic procedures.
He then completed six years of surgical training, including a plastic surgery residency at Indiana University Medical Center. Dr. Rob lives in Austin, Texas, where he has become renowned for his cosmetic expertise.
Here are show notes:
2:15 Dr Robert’s Background
- Finished medical training in 1996
- Taught plastic surgeons how to do plastic surgery
- Specialized in breast cancer reconstruction
- One patient came to him for breast implant removal
07:20 How many explants are being done per year?
- Dr Whitfield has done 1,800 transplants himself
- Awareness and demand is growing
- Dr Whitfield places fat in the area and volumization
09:00 What are the different materials being used for transplants?
- Implants can be saline or silicone, but the shell is always silicone
- 30% of implants have a biofilm – which can cause inflammation
- Textured implants can develop lymphomas
10:30 What are the complications from breast implant?
- Chronic inflammation is common with breast implants
- Neurologic symptoms get affected, brian fog, light and sound sensitivity
- Tightness in chest and breath, heart palpitations, UTI, muscle pain, joint pain
- Lot of issues can manifest
13:15 How does Dr Whitfield test for breast implant illness?
- He does a urine toxicity test after supplementation
- Tests stool, and blood work for food sensitivity, hormones, liver, kidney functions
15:00 What is the age that women get transplants and explants?
- It’s common for women 18-25 get breast implants
- Second most common time is mid-thirties after having kids
- For explants, the standard patient is 8-10 years after the implants
- They decide to do it because they aren’t feeling well
18:00 How does the breast tissue change after breastfeeding?
- Fat transfer can work quite well, especially in early 30’s
- Later on in life, the results can be a bit varied
24:00 How to learn if you have breast implant illness?
- Dr Whitfield does an online assesment and zoom assessment
- You can do it at breastimplantillnessexpert.com