On this episode, Faraz Khan and Christian Drapeau discuss the power of stem cells and how to naturally increase stem cells in circulation in your body the number of circulating stem cells in your body.
[Sponsor Message: If you are looking to get thicker, fuller and stronger hair, make sure to check out FullyVital]
Christian Drapeau is a stem cell expert and holds a Master’s degree from McGill University in Neurophysiology, he is the author of several articles in the field of epileptogenesis and then later in the field of stem cell research, specifically on a new therapeutic approach called “Endogenous Stem Cell Mobilization”, as well as the best-seller “Cracking the Stem Cell Code”.
He created and developed the concept of “stem cell enhancer” as well as the first natural product supporting the natural role of stem cells in the body. He has been director of Research and Development for many companies, he is now the founder and CEO for Kalyagen, where he developed the product Stemregen.
How Did You Get Interested In Stem Cells?
- Started in 1994, worked on blue green algae
- Wanted to discover benefits in the body from algae
- The plant was improving heart conditions, brain conditions and more
- Found that the stem cells were responsible for a broad set of benefits
- This algae helps release stem cells from the bone marrow into the blood, and increase stem cells in your body
What Do Stem Cells Do In The Body?
- Christian believes stem cells are the cornerstone of health
- Stem cells function as a repair system
- When there is an injury, then stem cells are released from bone marrow into affected tissue
- Stem cells convert to cells in the injured tissue and replace those cells to heal the body
- Stem cells also migrate to every organ in your body to enable tissue renewal
- Red marrow transforms into yellow marrow and conversion happens quickly
What Are The Different Types Of Stem Cells?
- Embryonic stem cells are present in the early embryo…8-10 days old.
- They’re called totipotent – which can be anything in the body
- Placental stem cells are adult stem cells
- Hematopeotic stem cells make all the blood cells
- Mesenchymal stem cells can become any tissue in the body
- vCells – are more potent and can become anything in the body.
- vCells can come from muscle or bone marrow
Difference Between Tissue Specific Stem Cells vs. Stem Cells In Blood?
- There are resident stem cells in every tissue
- But there are not enough stem cells in that niche to fully repair after a heart attack or a skin cut
- But when there are additional stem cells in circulation, these circulating stem cells can replenish tissues that have been overused
- That’s why its a good idea to increase stem cells in circulation
Are There Enough Stem Cells In Bone Marrow Or Can We Run Out Of Those?
- Over years, red marrow shrinks and can turn into yellow marrow
- This is called conversion
- The number of stem cells that can release bone marrow can vary significantly
- If you get your bone marrow to release more stem cells, you are not in danger of running out of stem cells
What About Long Term Injuries?
- Sometimes you have long term injuries, the muscle or tissue can partially heal but does not heal fully
- If you can reactivate the injury and also release stem cells at the same time, the chronic injury can heal significantly
Why Do People Mobilize Stem Cells Differently?
- As you age, your stem cells are not as effective
- However, people get good benefits even at 80
- If you can get umbilical cord stem cells, then that is great for you
- Stress reduces ability to mobilize and repair
- Good and deep sleep is very important
- Smoking reduces stem cells, so does alcohol
- Systemic inflammation also reduces ability of stem cells to mobilize – add pigments to your diet
How Did Christian Find Ingredients To Increase Stem Cells
- Investigated lietrature to find plants that support release of bone marrow
- 35-60% increase in stem cells from these products that Christian developed
- Christian believes that putting more stem cells in circulation is great for you
Where To Find Christian’s Supplement
- Go to Kalyagen and get the stem cell enhancer
Interested in eating foods to increase your stem cells? Make sure to check out this interview with Dr. William Li.