How Technology Can Make Humans Immortal?
On this episode of Anti-Aging Hacks, Dr. Jose Cordeiro and Faraz Khan discuss how technology can make humans immortal.
This interview was part of the anti-aging summit that I hosted in December 2020. However, I believe that this information is important to get into the hands of people who are interested to learn what the future potentially holds.
José Luis Cordeiro got his bachelors and masters at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is an engineer, a futurist and economist. His book la muerte de la muerte has been an international best seller in many countries.
At present, he is chair of the Venezuelan Node of the Millennium Project, Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of Developing Economies (IDE – JETRO) in Tokyo, Japan, and Founding Faculty and Energy Advisor at Singularity University (SU) in NASA Ames Research Park, Silicon Valley, California, USA.
Thanks to his extensive work in technological foresight, futures studies, globalization, economic integration, long-term development, energy, education and monetary policy, Mr. Cordeiro has authored and coauthored several books. He has written more than 10 books and co-written over 20 more in five languages, including sections of the “State of the Future” with the Millennium Project.
Here are some high level notes from our discussion.
COVID 19 is just a blip compared to other pandemics of the past
- Black death killed 200 million people, spanish flu killed 50 million, HIV has killed about 25 million
- COVID 19 is nowhere near this scale
Health Management Will Move From Sickcare To Healthcare
- Today scientists are trying to solve for cancer, stroke, cardiovascular disease, and other diseases individually
- But these are all diseases associated with aging
- Therefore, the health system of the future is going to target aging to keep you healthy
Technological Convergence Will Drive Progress in Anti-Aging
- There are hardware pieces: nanotechnology (atoms) and biology (cells)
- There are software pieces: cogno (neurons) and info (bits)
- By 2029, Jose expects scientists to be able to start reversing aging
- By 2045, Jose expects us to become beings that can fully rejuvenate themselves
Mainstream Media is Finally Covering Anti-Aging
- Media ridiculed some scientists when they discussed solving the aging problem a couple of decades ago
- Now mainstream press regularly covers articles on how we can solve aging
Check out this video or the podcast audio for an overview of how technology can make humans immortal.
Also check out the interview I did with James Strole (founder of RAADFest) on the mindset of super-longevity.