How PDO Threads Can Grow Thicker, Stronger And Longer Hair
On this episode, I interviewed Dr. Alan Bauman on how he is using a facelift technique to help improve the quality of your hair.
Here are the topics we discover:
1. How PDO threads could have a positive benefit for hair (apart from being used in facelifts)
2. How is the procedure done and what results is Dr. Bauman seeing?
3. As a bonus, what is the secret to Dr. Bauman's own hair?
1:02 - Success And Experience With New PDO Techniques?
- It takes PRP to the next level
- PDO threads were used for skin
- It stimulates hair growth and quality
- Very Quick visual responses in 90 days
- PDO stands for Polydioxanone
5:47 What threads are doing?
- There is no movement of the skin (No tightening effect)
6:14 What is the effect of PDO threads?
- Weak hair follicle regenerates, so they grow thicker, darker, longer, and stronger hair. PDO process can not make a new follicle to appear if it is dead
6:51 - Combining PDO Growth with PRP?
- PDO Process is a lot more reliable in terms of the impact that is having on the hair follicle.
- PDO turns weaker in stronger hair follicles.
- PDO Growth = PRP + PDO Process
7:48 - Is there a hair loss type where PDO seems more effective?
- PDO is also effective on hair follicle miniaturization.
- It would work very well on traction alopecia cases.
8:22 Response rate to PDO growth?
- Amazing outstanding responses.
9:12 How long do results last from PDO growth procedure?
- Polydioxanone is supposed to last in the skin about 6-12 months.
- Measuring every 90 days how the patient is responding.
10:01 How long does the procedure take?
- PDO takes 90 minutes.
10:12 How much does it hurt?
- You're not going to feel it because they use a local anesthetic.
- 100% Painless placement of the PDO
10:47 Which clients are not good candidates for PDO procedure?
- It depends on your expectations, some areas will respond great, some will not.
12:02 This is the lunchtime procedure. Can patients go back to work after the procedure?
- Your scalp is going to be cleaned.
- Nothing is going to be visible.
- After PRP and PDO, the scalp is going to look a little bit pink.
- There are no restrictions in terms of activity.
- Don't use a hairdryer, and don't wash your head with hot water.
13:00 How safe is this procedure? Are there any side effects?
- It is 100% safe.
- Polydioxanone has been used in millions of surgical procedures in the last 40 years.
- If you react badly, it is possible to take threads out.
13:55 How to find your PDO provider?
- Look for the PDO growth trademark.
- If you want to learn how to do PDO, go to https://baumanprpclass.com/pdogro-class
15:03 What are you doing for your hair?
- Dr. Bauman was paranoid about his hair when he was growing up
- He regularly uses laser light therapy, topical medications and nutritional supplementation
16:06 How do you do consults with people?
- All consults are done personally
- Patients are going to have an hour to an hour and a half in the office
- Medical history
- Assesses medical risk factors - Measurements are done every time a patient comes to the office
16:52 Do you do virtual consults with people?
- Remote or video consults are available via Skype, Zoom, Facetime...
- There is a limit to what they can do online.
17:51 Where people can find you online?
- instagram at @dralanbauman, twitter at @dralanbauman
- There is a lot of information on that website
- Before and after photos are available
- More than 9000 procedures since 1997!
- One of the first hair surgeons on YouTube
Download my latest FREE guide on the four most effective techniques to stop hair loss.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.